Apple cinnamon oatmeal is a quick and healthy breakfast recipe made with apple, oats, and milk. You only need 10 minutes to make this warming breakfast.
For me, oatmeal with apple is the ideal breakfast. It's super easy to make, and you are guaranteed to feel satiated for a long time. This recipe is not only quick to prepare, just like my chocolate oatmeal recipe, but it is also very healthy!
Because of the warm apples and cinnamon, this oatmeal breakfast is also perfect for everyone who LOVES apple pie.
You can also make this recipe with other fruit. I like pears, apricot, or plum as well.
If you like a little crunch in your oatmeal, you can absolutely add some chopped nuts or seeds such as flaxseeds.
Why you will love this apple oatmeal recipe
- Super quick - this recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make!
- Healthy. This oatmeal recipe is full of fiber. aIt tastesjkjh
- It tastes like apple pie. This apple cinnamon oatmeal is the perfect breakfast if you love apple pie.
- You only need a few basic ingredients!
Oats - check the package carefully to see how long the oatmeal needs to cook. Some varieties need a little more cooking time.
Oatmeal is naturally gluten-free but can contain traces of gluten due to how it is produced. If you must eat gluten-free, please check the packaging before using it for this recipe.
Apples - if you use a somewhat sweeter apple like Honey crisp or Golden Delicious, you don't have to add as much sugar to your porridge, making your breakfast much healthier!
Milk - you can totally replace the milk in this recipe with plant-based milk like almond or coconut milk to make this apple cinnamon oatmeal completely dairy-free. I often use a mix of half coconut milk and half water when I make this recipe.
You can find the complete ingredient list and instructions on the recipe card below!
More recipes using oats you will LOVE
- 2 apples
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the apple with the sugar and cinnamon over low heat until the apple becomes soft.
- Pour in the milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the oatmeal to the boiling milk, turn down the heat, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until the oatmeal and apples have softened.
Add some chopped nuts or seeds for a little crunch!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 8gSugar: 35gProtein: 12g