This chocolate mousse pie is a no-bake pie with a creamy egg-free chocolate mousse filling, a buttery cookie crust, and a soft and fluffy whipped cream topping. Add some edible blood or red food coloring and this pie is perfect for Halloween.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror then, be turned into a treat...Nicholas Gordon
Who doesn't love a no-bake pie? Since they are some of my most popular posts I wanted to make one especially for Halloween.
I made this pie with dark chocolate but you can make it with milk or white chocolate if you want. It can get a little sweet if you use a different kind of chocolate so be sure to taste to see how much sugar you will need. You can also add a little cooled coffee when you make the ganache to make the chocolate flavor really stand out.
Ingredients you will need for this chocolate mousse pie
- Dark chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Digestive cookies
- Strawberry jam of edible blood
Other no-bake desserts you will love
Bloody no-bake chocolate mousse pie
This easy egg-free bloody chocolate mousse pie is the perfect thing to make this Halloween. Using only 6 ingredients everyone can make this!
For the cookie crust
- 16 digestive cookies
- 100 g butter
For the chocolate filling
- 110 g (4 oz) dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 400 ml (1 cup) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 sheets of gelatine or 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
For the topping
- 240 ml (1 cup) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
The cookie crust
- Crumble your cookies in a food processor or by hand.
- Melt your butter and add your cookie crumbs.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into your pie tin and press them flat.
- Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
The chocolate filling
- Add your chocolate to a heatproof bowl.
- Soak your gelatine in a few tablespoons of water.
- Bring half (120 ml or ½ cup) of your heavy cream to a boil and pour it over your chocolate.
- Wait a few minutes for the chocolate to melt and keep stirring until it is all combined and smooth.
- Add the gelatine and set aside to cool before continuing.
- In a large bowl whip up the other 120 ml (½ cup) of your whipping cream with the vanilla and sugar until you have stiff peaks.
- Add a few spoons to your chocolate mixture.
- When combined add the chocolate to your whipped cream a few spoons at a time. Be careful you don't mix to hard, you want to keep as much air in it as possible but you don't want to turn the cream into butter.
- Pour the mixture unto your cookie crust and let it chill in the fridge.
- Whip up 240 ml (1 cup) of heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla until you have medium peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream over your chocolate filling and sprinkle some of the edible blood or warm srawberry jam over the whipped cream.
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Did you make something from this blog? I would love to see your creations! Leave a comment below and share your pictures on Instagram #nutmegandvinegar or tag me @nutmegvinegar in your message.
Leave a Reply