Boursin pasta is a creamy pasta recipe with fresh spinach and chicken. This easy pasta dish is the perfect family meal for a busy weekday.
Boursin cheese - this is the star of this pasta recipe, so you can't just leave it out. However, you could replace it with your favorite cream cheese with herbs.
Pasta - I always use fusili for this Boursin pasta recipe. Tagliatelle or penne is also always a good option.
To make the dish healthier, you can substitute white pasta for whole wheat pasta. Using whole wheat is an easy way to add more fiber to your diet.
Chicken - If you want to make the pasta vegetarian, you can omit the chicken or replace it with tofu.
Add some Italian seasoning to the chicken cubes before cooking for extra flavor. You can buy this ready-made in the supermarket, but you can also make your own Italian seasoning.
Start cooking the pasta by bringing a generous amount of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and garlic and heat the oil in the frying pan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft and translucent, then add the diced chicken.
Dice the zucchini. When the chicken is almost cooked, add the zucchini and cook them for a few minutes until they become soft.
Once the chicken and zucchini are cooked, add the sun-dried tomatoes, Boursin, and spinach. Simmer gently until the spinach has shrunk and the Boursin has melted.
Drain the pasta and stir it into the Boursin sauce. Divide the Boursin pasta among plates and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese, if desired.
My tips for the best pasta with Boursin cheese
- Substitute the chicken for shrimp or tofu.
- Add ½ cup or 100 ml of dry white wine to the chicken for an extra-rich flavor. Because the alcohol never completely dissipates during cooking, I do not recommend this if you cook this pasta for children or if you are pregnant.
- You can also use leftover chicken for this recipe.
- Don't cook the pasta all the way through. Since you'll be cooking it along with the sauce for a bit, it's best to cook the pasta al dente.
- Don't like spinach? No problem, other vegetables such as peas, mushrooms, or broccoli are also delicious in this dish.
- To cook the pasta, you will need a large pan. It is also a good idea to have a colander nearby to drain the pasta.
- A large pan to make the Boursin sauce.
Pasta with Boursin is best when just made, but you could keep it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
You can also freeze it. Divide the pasta into freezer bags before you put it in the freezer. This way, it will keep for about three months.
To reheat the pasta, let it thaw slowly in the fridge and then reheat it in a saucepan or microwave.
More easy pasta recipes
Boursin pasta is a creamy pasta recipe with fresh spinach and chicken. This easy pasta dish is perfect for a busy weekday.
- 14 oz or 400 grams of pasta
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup or 100 grams sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 5.1 oz packages or 300 grams of Boursin fine herbs
- pepper and salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ lb or 250 grams chicken breast
- 6 cups or 200 grams of spinach
- 1 stock cube
- 1 ⅓ cup or 300 ml of water
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, dice the chicken and zucchini and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until soft and translucent. Add the chicken and fry until almost cooked.
- Add the zucchini to the chicken and fry everything for a few more minutes until the chicken and zucchini are cooked.
- Add the Italian herbs, water, stock cube and Boursin to the pan and slowly bring to a boil.
- Once the Boursin has melted, add the spinach and simmer gently until the spinach has shrunk.
- Spoon the pasta into the sauce and stir well until all the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Divide the pasta between plates and sprinkle with some cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 8gSugar: 14gProtein: 37g
Leave a Reply