This healthy vegan carrot and celery soup is packed with vegetables and flavor. Because this soup is so easy to make, it is perfect for busy weekends and is even better the next day!
Why you will LOVE this soup
- This recipe makes enough to serve six people, but you can easily adjust the ingredients to make more.
- Because of the mild, sweet flavor, kids love this soup.
- You can add any vegetable you like to this recipe.
- It is the perfect soup to feed a crowd.
- One pot recipe!
Vegetables - for this soup, you only need a few carrots and a head of celery, but you could absolutely add more! Vegetables with a mild flavor, such as leek, courgette, or parsnip, are perfect additions to this recipe.
Stock - I recommend vegetable stock for this recipe, but any stock will do. Did you know it is super easy to make your own stock from leftover vegetables?
Seasoning - I only use salt and pepper in this recipe, but you could add some thyme or rosemary and a bay leave.
How to make carrot and celery soup
Clean the vegetables and cut them into small pieces. It is important to make sure the pieces are about the same size, so they cook evenly.
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add the carrot and celery.
Cook them for about 2 minutes before adding the stock. Bring the soup to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are soft enough to puree.
Use a hand blender to puree the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- A hand blender to puree the vegetables. This is totally optional. If you like a more chunky soup, you can ignore this step.
- A large (soup)pan.
This carrot and celery soup will keep for about 2-3 days in the fridge. If you want to keep it longer, I recommend freezing it.
You can keep it in the freezer for about six months.
There is no need to thaw it before warming it up. Add it to a saucepan and warm it on the stove or in a heatproof bowl in the microwave.
More easy soup recipes
- 8 cups or 1 kg carrots
- 1 small onion
- ½ head of celery
- 7 cups or 1,7 l water or vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Clean the vegetables and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion.
- Cook the onion for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook them for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring it to a boil.
- Let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Use a stick blender to puree the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 15gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 2g