Homemade chocolate salted caramel truffles are delicious and super easy to make. Made with only seven ingredients, these creamy, melt-in-your-mouth truffles are the perfect gift.
You can vary endlessly with chocolate truffles. I chose to make chocolate salted caramel truffles, but hazelnuts, coconut, or a bit of rum are also amazing options!
You can use store-bought caramel sauce to make your life a little easier, but making caramel is really not that difficult. You have to be very careful when you make the caramel. The sugar gets very hot and can cause ugly burns!
Ingredients you will need
- Heavy cream
- Cocoa powder
- Easy salted caramel sauce
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- ⅔ cup (110 gram) chocolate
- 7 tablespoons (100 gram) butter
- In a pan with a large bottom, slowly melt the sugar until it has a beautiful amber color.
- When the sugar is caramelized, slowly pour in the heavy cream while you keep whisking! This will cause the sugar to harden but if you keep stirring over a low heat I promise that it will melt again.
- Add the salt and stir it in.
- Put the chocolate chunks in a heatproof bowl and pour over the HOT caramel sauce.
- Let is sit for a few minutes and, carefully, stir until it is all combined and you end up with a smooth ganache.
- Let it cool completely before covering the ganache en letting it set in the fridge for a few hours.
- When set, take the ganache out of the fridge and with a spoon or a little melon? spoon scoop out little chunks of chocolate.
- Roll them between cold hands until they are the desired shape and cover them with cocoa powder.
You can also cover them with sprinkles of finely chopped nuts!
I have a post on how to make salted caramel sauce using the 'wet' method.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g