Creamy, soft, delicious old-fashioned fudge with mini eggs. You only need 6 ingredients and a little patience to make this mini egg fudge!
For this mini egg fudge recipe, I chose to make an old-fashioned fudge. I know it is a little more difficult to make, but I think it is so much better than a quick fudge made with condensed milk.
Frequently asked quistions
You probably didn't heat it to the right temperature. You can fix this by putting the fudge back into the pan with 1 cup of water on medium-low heat. Stir until the fudge dissolves, bring to a boil, and STOP stirring. Cook the fudge until it reaches 115C° (237F°), then turn off the heat and let it cool before you start beating your fudge. Once the mixture starts to lose its shine, you can pour it back into a prepared cake pan and set it in the fridge for a few hours.
Maybe you've overcooked or overmixed the mixture. You can try to save your fudge with the method mentioned in the previous question.
More Easter recipes you will love
Easter mini egg fudge
Traditional old fashioned mini egg fudge recipe.
- 600 g (3 cups) sugar
- 200 ml (¾ cup) whole milk
- 200 ml (¾ cup) heavy cream
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 g (½ cup) butter
- 75 g mini eggs
- Butter your 8x8 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Add the sugar, heavy cream and whole milk to a large heavy-bottomed pan and bring this, while stirring, to a simmer on medium heat.
- STOP stirring when the mixture starts to boil, turn the heat down to a medium-low and allow the mixture to cook until you reach the soft-ball stage or 115C° (239F°). Please be careful, boiling sugar is really hot!
- Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before you start mixing your fudge.
- Beat the mixture with a hand mixer on high or by hand with a wooden spoon until the fudge becomes thicker and loses its shine. This takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared baking pan, scatter the mini eggs over the fudge and let it set in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once your fudge has set you can divide the fudge into 36 pieces.
- This is a traditional old fashioned fudge recipe and gets really hot please make sure there are no small children around while making this fudge and it is best to use a candy thermometer and NEVER stick your finger in the mixture to taste.
- You need an 8x8 baking pan
- Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder to make chocolate mini egg fudge!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply