This sweet, easy honey butter recipe is made with only four ingredients and is ready in less than 5 minutes! All you need to make this recipe is butter, honey, and salt.
Honey – It doesn’t matter what type of honey you use, but I recommend choosing good-quality honey for this recipe since it is the most important ingredient.
Butter – I always use unsalted butter for my recipes since I like to add salt to taste while cooking, but you can use salted butter if that’s what you have. Just remember to omit the salt in this recipe when you do.
Salt – I always use sea salt for this recipe.
Sugar *optional – Powdered sugar helps to keep the butter spreadable and gives the butter an airy volume.
You can find the complete ingredient list and instructions on the recipe card below!
I don't think there is a recipe out there that is easier to make. All you need to do is add the butter, salt, and honey to a bowl and beat it until it is softened.
Add the sugar mix until it is completely incorporated, and that's it!
Uses for honey butter
I love to eat this butter spread on my pancakes, but there are many other uses! Try some of these
- Dinner rolls
- French toast (pain perdu)
- banana bread
My tips for this recipe
- You can use salted butter if you want. Just omit the salt in this recipe.
- Add some crushed fresh berries or a little thyme.
- You can keep the butter at room temperature, or if you want to keep it longer or when you made this butter ahead for a party, you can keep it in the fridge for ….
- Freeze this honey butter for up to 3 months.
- Add a little cinnamon for delicious cinnamon flavor.
- Try using different honey flavors and see which one you like best!
- 2 sticks of butter (250 gram)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- add the softened butter and the honey to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Transfer to small bowls or wrap it in plastic wrap to set in the frigde.