Eggless chocolate chip cookies are the perfect homemade treat that doesn't require eggs. With just a handful of basic ingredients and less than half an hour, you can easily whip up this simple cookie recipe.
These soft, golden, chewy cookies are just the thing to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The best part is that they are easy to make and only take about 15 minutes to bake.
All you need is a bowl, a spoon, a baking sheet, and an oven. You will love how your kitchen smells like a bakery when you make these cookies.
Why you will LOVE these eggless cookies
You don't need eggs. Making chocolate chip cookies without eggs is perfect for fdg
Soft, chewy texture. If you love soft and fluffy cookies, you need to try this recipe. They are soft in the center and slightly crispy on the edges.
Super easy to make. Chocolate chip cookies without eggs require simple and common ingredients, such as flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
They also do not need special equipment or techniques like rolling, cutting, or frosting.
You can simply mix the ingredients in a bowl, form small balls of dough, put them onto a baking sheet, and bake them in the oven.
Make a big batch. I don't know anyone who can resist freshly baked cookies, so I always make sure I double the recipe or have a batch of dough in the freezer.
Great to make with kids. This recipe is great to make with small children. Not just because kids LOVE cookies but because it is also a fun and educational activity.
Let them gather the necessary tools and ingredients, such as mixing bowls, spoons, and measuring cups. If you use a kitchen scale, it is also a great opportunity to teach them how to use it by letting them weigh the ingredients!
Kids also love making a mess, and what could be more fun than transforming that mess into delicious cookies?
Plus, you don't have to worry about them getting into contact with raw eggs!
Flour - for this recipe, you will need all-purpose flour.
Sugar - I like to add brown sugar to my eggless chocolate chip cookies. Brown sugar contains molasses, giving the cookies an amazing golden color and a subtle caramel flavor.
Butter - I always use unsalted butter when in my recipes. This allows you to have more control over the flavor of your cookies.
If salted butter is all you have, you don't have to add additional salt to the recipe.
Baking powder - to make sure your cookies are nice and fluffy, you need to add a leavening agent. Baking powder is my go-to for the perfect cookies.
You can substitute the flour and baking powder for self-rising flour.
Milk - for the best result, I recommend using whole milk. The higher fat content adds to the soft, chewy texture.
You can, however, use any milk or even water to make these cookies.
However, if you want to make the cookies completely vegan, you can use plant-based milk like almond or coconut milk instead.
Chocolate chip cookies are very adaptable and customizable, as you can vary the type and amount of chocolate chips, add nuts or dried fruits, or use different types of flour or sugar.
- Nuts. Adding chopped nuts like almonds or hazelnuts gives the cookies a nice crunch.
- Dried or frozen fruit. If you love white chocolate chip and raspberry cookies you absolutely want to try adding fruit like strawberries or blueberries to the dough.
- White chocolate. Replace all or half of the dark chocolate chips with white chocolate and use all white sugar.
- Spices. I like to add warming spices like cinnamon or speculaas spice mix to the dough. The fall flavors make them the ultimate autumn treat and make your home smell amazing!
My tips for the perfect eggless cookies
Don't rush the process. Letting the butter come to temperature and creaming it with the sugar makes it much easier to incorporate the rest of the ingredients.
Never overmix the dough. Mix the dough just until everything is well incorporated. Too much mixing will make the flour form more gluten and result in tough cookies.
The perfect shape. Use a large round cookie cutter to give your cookies the perfect round shape while they are still hot.
Frequently asked questions
No! This recipe is without eggs, so it's perfect if you are allergic to eggs or if you're on a vegan diet.
Absolutely! Substitute de butter for vegan butter and chocolate.
All you need to make this recipe is a mixing bowl, measuring cups or a kitchen scale, parchment paper, and a baking tray.
How long do these cookies last?
You can store these eggless chocolate chip cookies at room temperature for about five days. Make sure to keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from going soft.
If you want to keep them longer, I recommend freezing them. Once frozen, you can store them in a ziplock bag for up to six months.
It is also possible to freeze the cookie dough. Make sure to take it out of the freezer and let it thaw completely before using it.
More easy cookie recipes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick of butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Place the cold butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until the butter is white and creamy.
- Stir the milk into the butter mixture and then add the dry ingredients.
- Mix everything until just blended, and then fold the chocolate chips through the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and divide it into 18 small balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake the cookies in the center of the oven for 10-14 minutes until done. Because the cookies spread, it is wise to do this in batches.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 6.6gSaturated Fat: 4.2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 7.2gProtein: 1.1g