Making this high-protein overnight oats recipe is a delicious and healthy way to quickly put an easy breakfast on the table. It is perfect for meal prep or as a breakfast to go!
Old-fashioned oats - Use old-fashioned rolled oats for the best results. These flakes are not rolled and therefore absorb moisture better.
Cocoa powder - the delicious chocolate taste comes from cocoa powder. This makes your breakfast taste like chocolate milk.
Milk - I always make my overnight oats with whole milk. This gives it an extra creamy texture.
Greek yogurt is also an option! This is a great source of extra protein to aff to your breakfast. I used Greek yogurt in my recipe for tiramisu overnight oats!!
Protein powder - adding protein powder to this recipe is an easy way to increase the amount of protein. You don't have to add this if you dislike using protein powder.
How to make this high protein overnight oats recipe
This recipe is super easy. All you have to do is mix all the ingredients and let them soften overnight in the fridge.
You can eat this breakfast either hot or cold. So it's perfect if you don't actually have time and need to eat your breakfast on the go.
Just make sure you make it in a good sealable container; otherwise, your bag will be covered in oat flakes! I personally find yogurt cups ideal for this.
- Fresh fruit. Adding some chopped fruit like banana, apple or peach will give you some extra vitamins right away. Berries, blackberries, and raspberries are also very tasty!
- Chocolate. Chop up some of your favorite chocolate and stir it in just before serving.
- Coconut. Replace the milk with coconut milk and stir in some grated coconut. This way, your breakfast is instantly vegan and lactose-free!
- Nuts. Finely chopped nuts are perfect for a healthy breakfast. I personally like almonds, hazelnuts, and peanuts.
- Dried fruit. Try adding diced dates, apricots, or raisins.
A measuring cup and a sealable jar are all you need to make this recipe. If you want to take your breakfast with you, it is important that you make sure your jar or cup does not leak!
Overnight oats with chocolate can be kept in the refrigerator for at least 12 to 24 hours and up to five days!
If you want to keep it longer, I recommend freezing it in portions. Take a portion out of the freezer the night before and stir right before serving to ensure everything is combined.
That way, you will have a quick breakfast ready the next morning. You can warm it up in the microwave or in a saucepan if you like.
More easy breakfast recipes you will LOVE
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup ml milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Add all the ingredients to the jar and mix them well.
- Cover the jar with a lid or some cling film and put it in the refrigerator.
- Stir well before serving, and finish your breakfast with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 19g