This recipe for no-bake vanilla cream pie is for all the vanilla lovers out there. This creamy, rich vanilla filling with the buttery cookie crust is perfect for summer days when you don't want to turn on a hot oven or for busy moms who want to make something special but don't have a lot of time to bake something.
This vanilla cream pie only takes 20 minutes to put together and just a few basic ingredients like graham crackers or digestives, eggs, milk, some sugar, butter, and salt. I decorated them with chocolate but I also LOVE decorating them with strawberries!
I like to use digestives when I make a no-bake pie but you could use any cookie you'd like really. For example you could use graham crackers, Oreos, shortbread, sprits or speculaas.
There are eggs in the filling but we cook them for a few minutes.
You can :-D. You could use a tbsp of vanilla paste or vanilla extract. Sometimes I like to use vanilla sugar I made myself with leftover vanilla beans.
Yes, if you want to make one pie instead of 4 small ones you should use double this recipe.
Other no-bake desserts you will love
For the crust
- 100g (about 7 cookies) graham crackers or digestives
- 50g (3,5 tbsp) butter
For the vanilla cream filling
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 240 (1 cup) ml milk
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp flour
For the vanilla cream filling:
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and 1 egg yolk, salt, vanilla, flour, and sugar together.
- Heat up the milk and slowly pour it, while whisking!, with the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the pan and, over a low heat, stir it until it thickens.
- When your vanilla cream has the right thickness, transfer it to a bowl, let it cool completely, cover it with plastic wrap and let it set in the fridge.
For the cookie crust:
- Add the cookies to a food processor and pulse them or add them to a ziplock bag and hit them with a rolling pin until you end up with cookie crumbles.
- Melt the butter and add this to the cookie crumbles. Mix it well together and press the cookie crumble into the pie pans.
Assemble the vanilla cream pies
- Divide the vanilla cream over your pie tins.
- Decorate the pies and let them set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Let the pies set in the fridge for at least 1 hour but preferably 4 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 45gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 10g
Did you make something from this blog? I would love to see your creations! Leave a comment below and share your pictures on Instagram #nutmegandvinegar or tag me @nutmegvinegar in your message.