Nutella hot chocolate is an easy winter drink that is ready in just a few minutes. Finish the recipe with some whipped cream, cocoa powder, and mini marshmallows.
Just like regular hot chocolate, you make this recipe with hot milk and cocoa powder. The Nutella gives this drink a delicious hazelnut flavor.
Nutella - adding the Nutella gives your drink a nutty flavor. I also love to make this recipe with Bonne Maman's hazelnut paste.
Heavy cream - a dollop of whipped cream, of course, completes your hot Nutella chocolate milk.
Milk - It is best to use whole milk for extra creamy chocolate milk.
Prefer something less fatty? Half-fat milk, skim milk, or vegetable milk are just as tasty.
Cocoa powder - for an intense chocolate flavor, add a little cocoa powder. This is an optional ingredient, so you could leave it out.
This drink is amazing without toppings, but if you want to make it something special, sprinkle some goodies on top before serving.
- Mini marshmallows
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Drizzle some warmed Nutella over your drink
- A measuring cup and a tablespoon to measure out all the ingredients.
- To warm up the milk, you'll need a saucepan.
- Cute glasses suitable for hot drinks to serve the Nutella chocolate milk.
- A mixing bowl and a whisk or mixer for the whipped cream.
Hot chocolate with Nutella is best if you drink it immediately after making it, but you can store it in the refrigerator for about two days.
Before serving, heat it in a saucepan or microwave and spoon on a generous dollop of whipped cream to finish your drink.
More drinks you will LOVE
Nutella hot chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream *optional
- Whip up the heavy cream with one teaspoon of sugar.
- Put the milk together with the sugar, cocoa powder, and Nutella in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Let the milk simmer gently until you have an even mass.
- Divide the milk between two glasses and spread the whipped cream on top.