Spur cream pasta is an easy and quick pasta dish perfect for busy weeknight dinners. You can make this recipe in less than 20 minutes with just a few simple ingredients.
In my opinion, you can't have enough pasta recipes, especially if you can also put the dish on the table within half an hour!
This pasta with sour cream is quick and easy to make, so it's the perfect recipe for the novice home cook.
Pasta - it doesn't really matter what type of pasta you use, but I like fusilli best. Because of the ribbing, the pasta holds a nice amount of sauce.
If you choose whole wheat pasta, you add some extra fiber, making this dish a little healthier.
If you want to go all out, make the pasta yourself!
Sour cream - the sour cream gives a mild fresh taste to the cream sauce.
Milk - to ensure the sauce is not too thick but remains nice and creamy, we add milk.
Like the cream, you can also replace the milk with a plant based version.
Flour - You need butter, flour, and milk to make a roux.
The flour makes the sauce thicker, which gives you a luscious thick sauce.
Cheese - cheese provides extra flavor and creaminess. I prefer Gouda cheese, but parmesan is also delicious!
Oregano - because this dish has a mild flavor, you can vary your seasoning.
I usually use oregano, but you can also replace the oregano with chives or rosemary.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Perfecting Your Sour Cream Pasta
You start by cooking your pasta. Add a generous amount of water to a boil and add some salt.
Cook your pasta until al dente, drain, and set aside.
You want your pasta to be al dente because you add it to the hot sauce.
Next, we make the sauce.
Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the flour. Cook the flour for a minute or two to get rid of the raw flavor.
Slowly add the milk while whisking, and let it simmer until it thickens. Scoop in the sour cream and mix until well combined.
Add the pasta and mix until the pasta is completely covered with the sour cream sauce.
Serving Suggestions and Pairings for a Complete Meal
You can eat this dish on its own, but if you like your meal to be a little healthier, look at my favorite recipes to serve it with.
- A fresh salad. My prosciutto and melon salad or broccoli crunch salad pair perfectly with the creamy pasta sauce
- Soft bread like focaccia
- Honey and mustard chicken
- Garlic knots
- Fresh vegetables like green beans or broccoli
You will need a pot to cook the pasta, a large skillet, a measuring cup or kitchen scale, and a whisk to make this sour pasta recipe.
Pasta with sour cream is best when you've just made it. Then the sauce is nice and creamy!
Of course, you can also save this dish to eat later. It will keep for about three days in the refrigerator.
This dish is less suitable for freezing.
Reheating is best done in a frying pan or the microwave. If the sauce is too thick, add some milk or water.
More easy pasta recipes
- 4 cups or 400 grams of uncooked pasta
- ½ cup or 125 grams of sour cream
- 1 cup or 250 ml of milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup or 50 g grated cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring a generous amount of water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente. The cooking time depends on your pasta, so check the package for the exact cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Melt the butter and fry the flour for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk while stirring until the milk is completely absorbed and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the sour cream and mix in well.
- Add the oregano and cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, and add the pasta.
- Mix everything together until the pasta and sauce are well blended, and serve immediately. If the sauce has become too thick, add a little more milk if necessary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g