Delicious white hot chocolate is the perfect winter drink! This creamy recipe is all you need and is ready in less than 10 minutes with just a few simple ingredients.
I love hot chocolate. I can hardly resist hot chocolate with cocoa powder, with dark chocolate, Nutella chocolate milk, or this white variety.
Serve white chocolate milk with a big scoop of whipped cream! Sprinkle a little cinnamon or some mini marshmallows on top to complete your drink.
By the way, don't be alarmed if a whole layer forms on your drink. White chocolate consists primarily of cocoa butter, forming a layer on the milk.
If you find this annoying, you can stir your drink occasionally, but it is unnecessary.
Chocolate - for this recipe, you will need a bar of white chocolate. Since chocolate is the main flavoring, it is essential that you choose a bar that you also like to eat on its own.
I like to use Callebaut chocolate. You can buy this one online, but you also come across it more and more in stores.
Tip: For Valentine's Day, use ruby chocolate, too!
Milk - It is best to use whole milk for a nice creamy white chocolate milk. Semi-skimmed or skimmed milk will do, but your drink will be a little less creamy.
If you eat lactose-free or vegan, you can also make this recipe with a plant-based variety such as oat or almond milk. I do not recommend using soy milk.
Put the milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate into small pieces.
As soon as bubbles appear on the side of the pan, turn off the heat and add the chocolate to the hot milk. Keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted and you have an even mass.
Pour the hot milk into glasses and finish your drink with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
My tips for the best hot white chocolate
- It is best to use whole milk for extra creamy white chocolate milk.
- Also, add some toppings such as whipped cream, pieces of candy cane, sprinkles, or mini marshmallows.
- A little nutmeg, speculaas spice mix, or cinnamon is also delicious in this recipe!
- White chocolate melts faster than dark chocolate and thus burns faster. Make sure you keep stirring and do not set the heat too high.
- Did you know that cutting chocolate is easier if the bar has been in the freezer for a while?
Yes definitely!!! Then replace the milk with plant-based milk and use vegan chocolate. I like using coconut milk for this recipe.
To make this recipe, you will need a saucepan with a spoon or whisk and some nice glasses to serve the hot milk.
Homemade chocolate milk can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days. Just be sure to cover the milk well and let it cool completely before putting it in the refrigerator.
Freezing is also possible! In the freezer, this drink will keep for about six months. Before serving, remove the chocolate milk from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator.
To reheat your white chocolate milk, put it in a saucepan and heat over low heat while stirring, or heat it up in the microwave.
More amazing drinks to try next
- 3,5 cups or 800 ml milk
- 4 oz. or 110 gram white chocolate
- Cinnamon *optional
- Whipped cream *optional
- Put the milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- As soon as bubbles appear on the side of the pan, turn off the heat and add the chocolate to the hot milk. Keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted and you have an even mass.
- Pour the hot milk into glasses and finish your drink with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 9g